What were some major events in 1999?
January 7: The impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton begins.
- January 10: Fatboy Slim’s ‘Praise You’ becomes his third No.
- January 10: ‘The Sopranos’ debuts on HBO.
- January 31: ‘Family Guy’ debuts on Fox.
- February 23: Eminem releases ‘The Slim Shady LP’.
- March 24: ‘The Matrix’ premieres.
What major world events happened in 2013?
United States government re-opens
- Lance Armstrong.
- President Obama is inaugurated.
- Russia meteor explodes near Chelyabinsk.
- North Korea continues missile and nuclear tests.
- EF-5 tornado hits Moore, Oklahoma.
- Turkey anti-government protests.
- Sarin gas attacks against citizens of Syria.
- garment factory in Bangladesh collapses.
What were the major events in 1998?
- January. January 26: President Clinton becomes embroiled in the Lewinsky scandal.
- March. March 27: FDA approves Viagra for erectile dysfunction.
- May. May 18: United States v.
- August. August 7: U.S. embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya.
What major events took place in the 1990s?
- Columbine Shooting.
- Los Angeles Riots.
- Oklahoma City bombing.
- Bosnian Genocide.
- Monica Lewinsky Scandal.
- Waco Siege.
- The 1990s.
- Ruby Ridge.
What major event happened in 2000?
December 12 – U.S. presidential election, 2000 – Bush v. Gore: The U.S. Supreme Court overturns the ruling by the Florida Supreme Court, ending the recount and effectively giving the state, and the Presidency, to Texas Governor George W. Bush.
What is the year 2000 known for?
2000 was designated as the International Year for the Culture of Peace and the World Mathematical Year. Popular culture holds the year 2000 as the first year of the 21st century and the 3rd millennium, because of a tendency to group the years according to decimal values, as if year zero were counted.
What was 2013 famous for?
2013 Year in Review
2013 was the year of the Boston Marathon Tragedy. It was also a year where the government shut down for 16 days and Detroit filed bankruptcy. In 2013, Whitey Bulger got life in prison, George Zimmerman was acquitted and Bradley Manning came out as transgender. Filibusters were popular in 2013.
What important event happened in 2014?
February – The West African Ebola virus epidemic begins, infecting at least 28,616 people and killing at least 11,310 people, the most severe both in terms of numbers of infections and casualties. February 7–23 – The XXII Olympic Winter Games are held in Sochi, Russia.
What happened in 2010 in the world?
On January 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti, killing more than 230,000 and destroying the nation’s infrastructure. On January 27, 2010, Apple Computer unveils the iPad tablet computer.
What major events happened in 2004?
Locusts Plagues. West African Countries including Chad and Mauritania are suffering the worst Locusts Plagues in 40 years.
What events happened in the year 2000?
20 things from the year 2000 that will make you feel nostalgic
- The world didn’t end with Y2K.
- The Millennium Dome opened… but didn’t last very long.
- Olympic dreams came true.
- But Euro 2000 was a disaster for England.
- Destiny’s Child conquered the charts.
- Kylie made an almighty comeback.
What happened in the world in 2010?
What big events happened in 2002?
February 1 – Kidnapped reporter Daniel Pearl of The Wall Street Journal is murdered in Karachi, Pakistan. February 3 – Super Bowl XXXVI: The New England Patriots beat the St. Louis Rams 20–17 in New Orleans. February 8–February 24 – The Winter Olympics are held in Salt Lake City, Utah.
What was famous in 2001?
The year 2001 is notable for the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in the United States. 2001 was designated as International Year of Volunteers.
What major event happened in the 2000s?
September 11 attacks in New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Shanksville, Pennsylvania (2,977 killed) 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States (5 killed, 17 infected) 2002 Bali bombings in Bali, Indonesia (202 killed) 2003 Istanbul bombings in Istanbul, Turkey (57 killed)
What major events happened in 2011?
May. May 2 – U.S. President Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden, the founder and leader of the militant group Al-Qaeda, was killed on May 2, 2011 (PKT, UTC+05) during an American military operation in Pakistan. May 5 – Supremo Tribunal Federal approves wedding between people of the same gender in Brazil.
What major event happened in 2016?
August. August 5–21 – The 2016 Summer Olympics are held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the first time in South America. August 24 – A 6.2 earthquake hits central Italy, killing 299 people. August 31 – The Brazilian Senate votes (61–20) to impeach the President of Brazil Dilma Rousseff.
What big events happened in 2017?
- January. January 20: Donald Trump becomes the 45th U.S. President.
- April. April 6: The U.S. directly attacks the Syrian government for the first time in the Syrian Civil War.
- August. August 12: The Unite the Right rally left three people dead.
What major happened in 2011?
United States — June Spacecraft Launches
- Osama Bin Laden had been found and killed by US Navy Seals in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- Bomb blast hits the city of Oslo.
- United States Gabrielle Giffords.
- United Kingdom Rioting across parts of London.
- United States tornado Joplin, Missouri.
- United States “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
What major world events happened in 2005?
- Worldwide protests occur against the Iraq War, with over 150,000 protesters in Washington, D.C. (see Opposition to the Iraq War).
- Hurricane Rita hits the U.S. Gulf Coast, devastating areas near Beaumont, Texas and Lake Charles, Louisiana.
What major world events happened in 2003?
What Happened in 2003 Significant Events, Popular Culture, Prices
- Human Genome Project.
- United States – Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster.
- United Kingdom — Ronaldo’s Manchester United Debut.
- World – Final Concorde Flight.
- Space – Oldest Exoplanet Found.
- ESA Launches SMART-1.
- China — Shenzhou 5.
What happened in the year 2001?
What major events happened in the year 2000?
Microsoft Bill Gates
- United States – Final Peanuts Comic. The final new Peanuts comic strip was published during February.
- Worldwide – Solar Flare Event. A huge solar flare, known as the Bastille Day Event, occurs on July 14th.
- UK fuel protests.
- Alexandria Discovered.
- Mississippi River.
- USS Cole.
What world events happened in 2004?
What Happened in 2004 Major News Events, Popular Culture, History Prices
- Greece — Summer Olympics.
- Strongest earthquake in 40 years.
- United States – Mars Spirit Rover.
- EU undergoes it’s largest expansion so far.
- Space – Cassini-Huygens Probe.
- Boston Red Sox win the World Series.
- NASA Launches Gravity Probe B.
What major world event happened in 2010?
On January 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti, killing more than 230,000 and destroying the nation’s infrastructure.